Click here for the Glossary page
Click here for the main index of the Burton Latimer Heritage Society site
Click here to return to the previous page

The History & Development of
Burton Latimer

Ordnance Survey map 1890 - six inches to the mile Ordnance Survey map 1904 - twenty five inches to the mile Ordnance Survey map 1938 - six inches to the mile
1890
1904
1938
This section details the development of the town from its origins as a village to its current status as a town within East Northants. In that time, the houses have changed from stone to brick; the roofs from thatch to slate to tile; the farms in the High Street have all gone, and most of them have been replaced by housing. Half the High Street frontage of 1950 has disappeared. Click on the links below to read about Burton past and present.

History of Burton Latimer

The Development of the Town
Changes to the High Street


The Street Names of Burton Latimer


Personal memories



Click here to return to the Main Index
Click here to return to the Previous Page