Click here for the Glossary page
Click here for the main index of the Burton Latimer Heritage Society site
Click here to return to the previous page

Presented by Margaret Craddock
The Limes

The Limes c1944
"The Limes" c 1944

This farmhouse was located in Meeting Lane. The original farmhouse in 1740 became known as "The Manse". It was occupied by John Yeomans who owned the fields at the end of Meeting Lane. In 1896 a new Manse was erected costing £400. "The Limes" was, at one time, the home of the Clark family. The property has been renovated and has been owned by a number of families latterly. Click here to read specifications of the property when offered for sale c2000.

Click here to return to the Main Index
Click here to return to the Agriculture Index